All Breast Procedures:
Having a breast procedure is a very personal decision, and you deserve a tailored surgical plan to meet your unique desires. The following breast procedures are all performed at Denver Breast. We look forward to introducing our team and sharing information on how we can help to meet your goals.
Breast Augmentation has been the number one cosmetic surgery procedure since 2006. Breast augmentation or “augmentation mammoplasty” can help address the following:
- Enhancing the body contour of a woman who, for personal reasons, feels her breast size is too small
- Correcting a reduction in breast volume after pregnancy
- Balancing a difference in breast size
- As a reconstructive technique following breast surgery
A Breast Lift (also known as a Mastopexy) removes excess skin and tightens surrounding tissue which helps to effectively raise the breasts to a higher position, provide a better shape, as well as enhance support and firmness with or without the use of breast implants.
Pregnancy, weight changes or aging can all affect the volume or position of your breasts. Breast lifts can be a very rewarding solution to women experiencing varying degrees of drooping. As a very popular procedure, the number of breast lifts has grown 70% since 2000 in the United States.
If your body has undergone significant changes post pregnancy that make you feel less attractive or have hindered your self-esteem, a mommy makeover may be right for you. A mommy makeover typically consists of multiple procedures that restore your body to the way it was (or better) pre-pregnancy.
There are several mommy makeover surgical options available to help lift a sagging bust line, remove excess abdominal flab and reduce excess fat in the thigh area.
- Breast Lift – A breast lift procedure can be performed to remove excess skin and tissue and restore the bust line to a tighter, firmer state.
- Breast Augmentation – This procedure allows the breasts to be reshaped to restore curves and contour to your breasts.
- Tummy Tuck – Also called abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is designed to remove excess flab from the abdominal area, tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess skin to restore tone to the belly and contour to the waist.
- Liposuction – This procedure is designed to remove excess fat from problem areas all over the body. For new mothers, it can remove the excess fat that has deposited in the tummy, arms and thighs during pregnancy weight gain.
Ideal breasts have been sought after by artists and sculptures for centuries. Ample, symmetrical breasts have always been illustrated as a symbol of femininity and have continued to remain a fixation for both men and women. The ideal breasts are delicately balanced, with picturesque form and subtle mobility.
For years, women have been able to increase the size of their breasts with breast augmentation. This is a wonderful option to simply add volume to the breasts; however, some women tend to lose definition and soft curve of the implant due to an excess of fatty tissue in the axilla and lateral portion of the breasts.
For women who prefer a breast surgery option that will improve the natural look and feel of their breasts (with or without breast implants), VASER Hi Def Breast Liposculpture can be the perfect solution.
There are three major factors that determine breast appearance, and they are:
- position of the breast and nipple.
While it is not unusual for women to have one breast larger or shaped differently than the other, significant differences can by harmful to a woman’s self-esteem. Breast asymmetries are often due to genetic dispositions or events in which the two breasts grow differently. Pregnancy, menopause, as well as nursing can influence size and shape of your breasts, while also contributing to asymmetry.
The average female nipple protrudes naturally. However, around 20% of women have inverted nipples. In fact, the nipple may even sink in as if pushed inside the breast by a finger. The nipple may become inverted with constricted, short milk ducts or with fibrosis.
Women with significantly inverted nipples can sometimes experience problems with infections, rashes or poor nipple hygiene. Even though there aren’t any known health risks associated with inverted nipples, women can feel self conscious about the way their inverted nipples appear.
Plastic surgery may be the best solution to bring about a more aesthetically pleasing look and can be done under local anesthesia. The nipples can sometimes be coaxed into a more protruding position by gently freeing up or breaking down the bands of connective tissue that hold the nipple in the inverted position.
Breast implant revision corrects volume loss or restores the shape of the breasts.
Common Reasons for Breast Implant Revision Surgery:
- wanting to change breast implant size
- wanting to improve the breasts' natural feel and appearance
problems with the implant
- implant malposition
- implant asymmetry
- synmastia (loss of separation between the two breasts)
problems with patient’s tissue characteristics
- snoopy deformity (lower breast quadrant tightness)
- areolas that appear too large
- ruberous breasts
- rhinning of the breast tissue
- correcting capsular contractures
Choosing to have your breast implants removed is a personal decision. Some women want a smaller breast size because of weight gain, or their implants have been damaged, shifted or ruptured. Some women may consider breast implant removal because their breasts became droopy over time. Whatever your reasons, we are happy to discuss your options to safely and effectively remove your implants.