Now that you’ve made the decision to undergo breast augmentation, your next step is to choose the type and size of your implants. This is a very important decision requiring honest and complete communication with Dr. David Broadway to ensure you’re making the most informed decision before going through with your surgery.
Choosing the Right Size
At his cosmetic surgery office in Denver, Colorado, Dr. Broadway puts great emphasis on communicating with his patients. The type of implant you ultimately choose depends on your desired outcome, and Dr. Broadway will use his years of expertise and training to help guide you to make the right choice, but he will not choose the implant for you. People’s perceptions are very different therefore plastic surgeon Dr. Broadway will merely guide you towards the right implant size by giving you a range that he feels would look very natural and proportionate to your body structure.
Bigger is not always better. Excellent results can be achieved by choosing a more moderately sized implant, and many women who initially thought they wanted large implants are very happy with the decision to choose a somewhat smaller size.
Questions to Consider
- Are you hoping for an obvious difference or a more subtle change?
- Which implant will help you to achieve a naturally attractive and pleasing look for your unique body shape?
- Do you prefer a more rounded shape for your new breasts, or are you hoping for greater natural curve and contour?
- What size is most desirable in your opinion?
Choosing your new breast size is ultimately your choice. Dr. Broadway will likely recommend implants to help you achieve your most well-proportioned, natural appearance. Additionally, choosing a slightly smaller implant size ensures your body contour will appear more like ‘you’ and your breasts will not become as heavy and droopy as aging and gravity continue to move forward. When thinking about your procedure it is important to:
- Think carefully about your desired goals
- Work closely with Dr. Broadway and be completely candid about your wishes
- Carefully review your size options
- Post surgery give your new breasts time to ‘settle’ before determining if you’ve made the right choice
The Controversy: Saline v. Silicone
Both saline and silicone breast implants offer unique features. Deciding which to choose is largely a matter of which type of implant will offer the most natural results for your one-of-a-kind body.
- If a saline implant should rupture, only salt water is leaked into the body
- Ruptures are more easily visible, because the implant shrinks
- Because saline implants can be filled after insertion, incisions are smaller
Silicone gel implants
- Look and feel more natural than saline implants
- Generally a better choice for women with small natural breasts
- Are now made with a high cohesive gel designed to hold its form
- Less likely to ripple
Making the decision to go forward with breast augmentation is just the first step. Consulting with a highly trained and experienced board certified plastic surgeon like Dr. David Broadway in Denver, Colorado is the wise way to ensure you’re making the decisions that are right for you. Each patient has their own individual expectation and desired result. Dr. Broadway and his staff are here to guide you and help you to have the most pleasant experience possible.
To schedule a comprehensive, private consultation to learn more about breast augmentation with Dr. Broadway, please contact us today.